Dementia care at Waterloo Care Home
As a home, we specialise in dementia care. We follow best practice including:
- Involving residents and willing families or representatives in the decisions made each day and over the long term.
- Ensuring each resident, no matter the stage of dementia, has a sense of freedom about the choices and the care they receive.
- Treating each person as an individual and trying to understand the messages behind the behaviour.
- Listenening and learning about each resident’s past, so that our staff can engage in responsive and meaningful conversations and to use this information to make activities relevant where we can.
- Adopting a person-centred approach, taking the focus away from present illnesses or disabilities by working with the positives and what can be achieved with the right support.
- Ensuring our staff are trained to be able to deliver fantastic dementia care and all of the above.
We believe that all our residents should receive outstanding Dementia Care at Waterloo Care Home.